I love this time of year. It is a time to evaluate myself and make resolutions for the new year. For the past few years we have added a white stocking to our row of christmas stockings. Each family member writes down a goal for the new year on a piece of paper and we put it in the white stocking as our gift to Jesus. We work on this goal all year and then on Christmas Eve we evaluate ourselves and then write down something new to work on for the next year. Seems like time slips by so fast and I hardly had time to accomplish my goal. Why is it that when y0u are young time seems to move so slowly but as we get older the birthdays seem to come around too fast? This year I felt like I did not do as well as I could have and so I put the same goal in for next year. Maybe 2009 will not slip by quite as fast as last year. Even though I did not accomplish my goal I am grateful for a new year and the chance to try again. I was reading in the Ensign this morning and was reminded of a talk by David Bednar. I recognize the sweetness of "tender mercies" in my life. I have truly been blessed this past year. Happy New Year to everyone! May 2009 be as Elder Tom Perry said in General conference.
'THE BEST IS YET TO BE'
No comments:
Post a Comment