"The friends in your life are like the pillars on your porch. Sometimes you lean on them, sometimes you brace them up, and sometimes it's enough just to know they're standing by".


Thursday, January 22, 2009

Too late

I got this broccoli plant from Sharon and I have tried to take very good care of it. I planted it in a pot on my front porch where I could see it every day. I watered it, babied it along until it got big enough to stand on its own. I fertilized it, made sure it got plenty of sunshine. I watched it grow for weeks. I was so excited as it began to get bigger and bigger. Soon the little broccoli spears began to appear. It grew into a nice healthy stalk of broccoli. The other day I decided it was time to harvest my first stalk of broccoli. I planned to do this as soon as I got home from work. After work I went inside, changed my clothes, got a knife, went outside to the plant and this is what I found! Some hungry critter beat me to it. This is all that was left. Hope they choked on it!

3 comments:

Lisa W said...

Maybe that same critter is roaming the neighborhood because my huge awesome pink geranium plant is slowly being devoured. Ditto on the choking wish!

Amber said...

That's hilarious! So sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy your broccoli. At least the little critter got a healthy snack!

Sharon said...

I am so sorry about your brocolli, Mine turned out great, and I even got to share some with Diena. I made broccolli cheese soup out of it.